REFA was founded in Berlin in 1924 as the Reich Committee for Determining Working Time.
In the first development phase he dealt mainly with the organization of working hours, later with the Job evaluation, work studies, work design and the humanization of the world of work. The name, which has been in effect since 1977, is REFA-Verband für Arbeitsstudien und Betriebsorganisation eV
What does REFA mean?
REFA is a technical-scientific association with non-profit goals, which is headquartered in Darmstadt. REFA has an excellent name worldwide in the field of work studies and company organization. The tasks of the association include:
- Increase in profitability in industrial and service companies
- Improvement of human working conditions in companies
- Collection and dissemination of knowledge from practice and science
Its activities also extend to:
- Organization of conferences and courses
- Seminars to provide information to practitioners
- Further training for specialist staff
- Seminars on leadership
- Publication of specialist literature (REFA teaching)
- Preparation of course documents
- Creation of forms for the practice
The activities of REFA are supported by the employers' associations and trade unions, which, among other things, are represented in the REFA committees.