What is networkWeak point analysis?
A network vulnerability assessment is the process of checking and analyzing a computer network for possible security gaps and vulnerabilities. It is used by network administrators to assess the security architecture and the defense of a network against possible vulnerabilities and threats.
A network vulnerability assessment helps network administrators or network security personnel to assess the security strength of a particular network. The main objective of this assessment is to find vulnerabilities that affect security, privacy and security business affect the network.
A network vulnerability assessment is a broad process that includes tasks as follows:
- Security check
- Identify, quantify and prioritize network threats
- Router / WiFi password analysis
- Checking the network strength against network-based attacks such as:
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Man-in-the-middle attack (MITM)
- Network intervention
- Security analysis at device level (router, switch, computer)
- Search for known and potential threats and security vulnerabilities
When a network vulnerability check is performed, it serves as input to the network / information security policy and related security products. This is usually done through a combination of automated vulnerability scanning tools and technical assessment of security personnel.
After completing the assessment, a strategy will be proposed to mitigate and remedy the identified weaknesses.