What is a green data center?
A green data center is an enterprise-class computing facility that is built, managed and operated entirely on the basis of green computing principles. It offers the same functions and functions as a typical data center, but uses less energy and space and is more environmentally friendly.
A green data center is built to have a minimal impact on the natural environment. The following are the key features of a green data center:
- Built from the ground up in an environmentally friendly facility
- Consume minimal energy resources for business and maintenance - both for the primary computer infrastructure and for supporting electronic resources such as cooling, backup and lighting
- Usually with green or renewable energies, such as solar, wind or Hyde power
- The entire infrastructure is installed with the lowest possible energy and carbon footprint
- Minimal e-waste with recyclable or reusable devices