Extra Value Proposition (EVP) is a concept developed by Stan Rapp and Tom Collins to upgrade products by offering special customer services (unique selling points)
- Toll-free telephone service
- Free seminars for customers
- Understandable operating instructions
- Express service on weekends and public holidays
- Exchange and replacement guarantee
Since many industrial products are very similar, they are largely interchangeable for customers. With additional services, manufacturers can gain a competitive advantage or a unique position (service leadership, unique service proposition). The EVP creates greater customer satisfaction and loyalty. This usually more than compensates for the additional service costs.