What is Computer Management?
Computer management is the process of administering, monitoring and optimizing a computer system for performance, availability, security and / or any basic operational requirement.
It is a general term used to describe manual and automated administrative processes in the business of a computer.
Computer management is also known as PC management or desktop management.
Computer management includes various tasks such as:
- Updating or patching a computer's operating system with the latest updates and fixes
- Installation, configuration and execution of anti-virus / Anti-malware-Software on a computer for identification, removal and protection from malicious attacks
- Manage all components on the computer in terms of drivers, permissions and basic functions
- Create and manage users
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and / or network and internet errors
- Use Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup Services to remove unnecessary data and improve disk response
- Enable, disable and optimize startup and background applications to increase / maintain processing speed
Computer management is also a standard systems management function within the Windows XP operating system.