What is Commerce Server?
A commerce server is a server that provides the basic components and functions of an online storefront, e.g. B. a shopping cart, credit card processing and product displays. Commerce servers also manage and manage accounting and inventory data, also known as back-end data.
A commerce server is a product intended for an e-commerce website or e-commerce application.
Microsoft is one of the providers of commerce servers. Microsoft Commerce Server was first released in 2000 and was used to build e-commerce systems. It uses Microsoft's .NET technology. The latest version was in January 2009 and contains a comprehensive solution for many business scenarios. The main features of Microsoft Commerce Server include:
- Multichannel functionality
- Service-oriented architecture
- A standard website with 30 web parts and controls
- What-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) processing
- Catalog, order and inventory management
- Management of advertisements and setting of rules for advertisements
- Profile management
- Data integration with third party systems
- 64-bit support
Aside from Microsoft, there are many other software and service companies that offer Commerce Server products and services, and provide training on how to use them.